In this trial class, GLOBIS University lecturer Brian Carthart will delve into the art of being a skilled facilitator and negotiator—a crucial skill set for effective leadership. Through his insightful guidance, you will gain invaluable knowledge on how to excel in your next project or meeting.
Furthermore, Brian Carthart will also explore the development of strong leadership skills through the adoption of various business philosophies taught at GLOBIS University.
Gain the purpose, knowledge, and network to become an impactful leader at GLOBIS University.
At this “Facilitation and Negotiation” Trial Class, you will:
- Learn reproducible and practical skills that will better prepare them for meetings and projects
- Experience GLOBIS’s unique case-centered and interactive learning environment
- Discover the GLOBIS ecosystem and how we enable business education beyond the traditional MBA curriculum
- Speak directly with our Admissions Advisors to learn about our programs in more details
- Have the opportunity to receive a free ebook “KOKOROZASHI: The Pursuit of Meaning in Business.”
This class introduces concepts from the GLOBIS MBA course “Facilitation and Negotiation“, one of the most vital skills needed in business.
Notes about this interactive online event
This event will be held live online. Upon registration, a link will be sent to your email address with a URL and details on how to join. Some tips for the event!
- Join on time as the event will be live (we recommend signing in at least 5 minutes early)
- Please try to have earphones, microphone and/or a webcam ready for a more interactive experience
- Have a good time and don’t be shy to participate in the discussions
We look forward to meeting you online.
|Date:||Wednesday, August 9, 2023|
|Time:||12:30 - 14:30 Central European Summer Time (CEST) / 19:30 - 21:30 Asia/Tokyo (JST)|
|Where:||Held live online|
|Registration Fee:||Free of charge|
|12:30 (CEST) / 19:30 (JST)||Welcome & MBA Program Info|
|12:45 (CEST) / 19:45 (JST)||Trial Class|
|14:05 (CEST) / 21:05 (JST)||Q&A|
◦ MBA, GLOBIS University
◦ MA, Law and Diplomacy, The Fletcher School, Tufts University
◦ BA, Asian Studies, Tufts University
Brian Cathcart is in charge of global human resources for GLOBIS Corporation. His responsibilities include recruiting, training and development, and incorporating DEI policies and programs. He is also a program coordinator for the G1 Global Conference, which brings over 250 VIPs to Tokyo every year to discuss challenges facing Asia and the world.
Prior to GLOBIS, Brian was a research associate for the Japan Center for International Exchange, an independent think tank promoting Japan’s engagement in foreign affairs. His work combined business principles with his training in human security for projects that empowered survivors of the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami, in collaboration with the Asia Foundation in Sri Lanka. He is also trained and certified as a mediator in Massachusetts.
Brian is a recipient of the Fulbright and Japanese Ministry of Education (Monkasho) research scholarships at Kyushu University and the University of Tokyo. He earned his MBA from GLOBIS University, his MA in law and diplomacy from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, and a BA summa cum laude from Tufts University.
At GLOBIS University, he teaches Critical Thinking and assists with faculty training and curriculum development.