GLOBIS University welcomes Bryan Tan, Chief Data Scientist at CARRO, Southeast Asia’s largest automotive marketplace and the first unicorn of its kind in the region, to share his insights and experience on how to leverage AI to create disruptive innovation.
He will be joined by GLOBIS Business Analytics faculty Kelvin Song to discuss how a data-savvy approach is necessary for any leader to create value.
Core topics covered will include:
- How CARRO introduced AI technology to innovate the automotive industry
- How the company became a unicorn startup before IPO and insights on its disruptive model
- What can we do starting tomorrow to leverage data and transform our careers and companies
- How to cultivate an entrepreneurial mindset and how to move from ideas to action
Notes about this interactive online event
This event will be held live online. Upon registration, a link will be sent to your email address with a URL and details on how to join. Some tips for the event:
- Join on time as the event will be live (we recommend signing in at least 5 minutes early)
- Please try to have earphones, microphone and/or a webcam ready for a more interactive experience
- Have a good time and don’t be shy to participate in the discussions
|Monday, February 28, 2022
|2:30 AM - 4:00 AM (Pacific Standard Time)
|Free of charge
|2:00 AM (PST)
|2:30 AM (PST)
|2:35 AM (PST)
|Keynote Presentation by Bryan Tan
|3:15 AM (PST)
|Dialogue with Kelvin Song
|3:30 AM (PST)
|Q&A with Audience
|3:50 AM (PST)
|About GLOBIS MBA
Chief Data Scientist at CARRO
University of Cambridge
Doctor of Philosophy – Ph.D., Earth Science (Machine Learning and Computational Physics)In his current role as Chief Data Scientist, Bryan leads the data science team and engineering team, overseeing the entire innovation process focusing on technological and engineering inventions.
Prior to joining CARRO, he worked for different governmental research centers and agencies in Singapore as an expert on nuclear policy development and as a policy analyst.
Bryan also taught and spoke at top academic institutions like NUS, Singapore Science Centre, Goldschmidt-Paris, Cambridge University, Oxford University and Australian-ANSTO on a wide variety of topics ranging from nuclear physics to computer engineering.
MBA, IE Business School
BEng in Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University
Kelvin Song, GLOBIS Faculty of Technovate courses and leader of the Marketing and Data Analysis team in the English MBA program.
Originally from Singapore, he started his career as a software engineer for Toshiba PC Company. He was the lead engineer for Toshiba PC’s flagship image-enhancement technology, Resolution+, and he was one of the core members in the research and engineering of 3D multimedia solutions, including the world’s first glassless 3D laptop, Qosmio F750.